TAEF is hiring: Assistant Research Fellow (Think Tank Collaboration)
Taiwan-Asia Exchange Foundation (TAEF) is actively recruiting an Assistant Research Fellow (Think Tank Collaboration) for its Department of International Collaboration. In this position, you will have opportunities to manage international conferences, publish policy reports, engage in exchanges with global think tanks and visiting delegations, helping TAEF to expand its connections.
If you have a strong interest in international affairs and are experienced in organizing international conferences and Chinese-English bilingual writing, you are welcome to join us and become a driving force for Taiwan’s external relations.
The Assistant Research Fellow will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Organize international conferences Plan and execute flagship events, including but not limited to: international symposiums, expert dialogues, workshops etc.
2. Publish policy reports Collaborate with global think tanks and international experts on the annual publication of policy reports on the New Southbound Policy and related issues of the New Southbound countries.
3. Host international guests and visiting delegations Guest reception Plan and execute in-bound itineraries of visiting delegations
4. Editorial responsibilities (articles and research reports) Contribute Chinese and English articles on the New Southbound Policy and related initiatives to domestic and international media outlets, TAEF Quarterly and other publications.
5. Event Management (the Yushan Forum) Assist in the planning and execution of the annual Yushan Forum and post-forum tasks.
6. Others Manage visiting fellow and post-doctorate research fellow programs, Edit Chinese and English newsletters and publications,
7.Perform other related duties as required.
We are looking for talents who:
1.have received a Master’s degree or equivalent in international relations, regional studies, translation and interpreting or other related subjects;
2. have at least 1 year of work experience (experience working in government agencies, foundations or NGOs is a plus);
3. demonstrate professional writing skills (please provide a portfolio of past publications, with at least one article in Chinese and English each);
4. have reached a professional level of proficiency in: Mandarin Chinese (non-native speakers are required to present a language certificate that demonstrates a minimum proficiency of TBCL 6 or equivalent) and; English (non-native speakers are required to present a language certificate that demonstrates a minimum proficiency of an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS or 85 in TOEFL iBT or equivalent;
5. are attentive to details, work with priorities and have basic skills of coordinating administrative tasks, including but not limited to writing official letters and working with numbers;
6. demonstrate relevant professional qualities, including strong interest in the New Southbound Policy and its related countries, good communication and collaboration skills, language sensitivity; the ability to operate independently while being a proactive, helpful, and collaborative team player;
7. Applicants with experience working in think tanks are preferred.
30,000 - 50,000 NTD / month
Labor and health insurance, pension scheme
Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis. Early submission is suggested.
The application will be reviewed based on the application materials, an on-site written exam, an interview, and a pre-hire orientation (only a shortlist of candidates will be notified)
Taiwan-Asia Exchange Foundation (Room 1107, 11F, NO.136, Section 3, Ren’ai Road, Da’an District, Taipei)
How to Apply
Please fill out the Google form below: https://forms.gle/6gEqGmSYuXVFfcSQ6